We believe that investing in education and skills training for girls and low income earning women can be a powerful way to reduce gaps that often put children with low social and economic status at a disadvantage.
Research shows that the returns on early childhood education investments are highest among children from impoverished communities, for whom these opportunities may serve as a stepping stone out of poverty.
Contributing to educating low income earning women and children from impoverished communities through scholarships and vocational training.
What We've Achieved
- Sponsored vocational training programs in jewellery making, agriculture and tailoring for three groups of low income earning women over a period of 3 years.
- Initially getting 27 street children off the streets and into a partner school where they were housed and provided for. Almost a third of those children chose to stay on and have been reintegrated back into family homes and skills training or school.
- Scholarships for 70 children in Togo over a 3 year period.
- Scholarships for 40 children in The Gambia over a 3 year period.
- Rent payments for 2 years for an orphanage with over 55 children in Lomé, Togo and then contributed towards the construction of their own care home and in-house primary school.
- Weekly Feeding and football coaching sessions for 4 years with vulnerable street children to engage them and get them off the streets and back into a family home and education.
- Donated Over 200 kg worth of medical supplies and equipment to community clinics in 2 districts.
- Donations of clothing and sports equipment to 50 boys and girls in Kpomé, Togo.
- 4 years of donations of food provisions, education materials, sports equipment, clothing, medicine and toys to orphanages in Togo and Ghana.
- Over 9.000 hours of community development work on various projects in Togo and Ghana.
- 4 years of Christmas meals and presents for over 250 street children in Lomé, Togo.
- Acquired 5 hectares of land in Togo for agriculture production, processing and training.
- Acquired 4 hectares of land in The Gambia for agriculture production and training.
- Sponsored vocational training programs in agriculture and plumbing and for over 20 low income earning women and men in The Gambia.